Thursday, 13 October 2011

Holly's Rehearsal Plan

After watching back some of our previous rehearsals, I have come to a decision on what I will be running in my rehearsal based on the progress we have been making. As Sam's still away on holiday I can't run 'Shout', which is one of the songs I feel needs the most work at the minute due to people being uncertain with parts.

Friday 14th October; I would like to run through our two 60's tracks quickly, hopefully not having to do too much to them. I want to do this because I want to keep them ticking over and make sure that they don't get forgotten. I will be running 'That's How I Know' in order to make sure that Tom still remembers his harmony part. I will be running 'You Really Got Me' in order to make sure that we remember to include the short break after the instrumental before coming into the verse, I will also be looking to make sure that we still have the energy we need for this song.

I think part of the problem we have with 'You Really Got Me' is that so far all we've done is practise the musical arrangement/accuracy, I think that in order to turn it into a performance we need to set ourselves up to look more like we would when we will be on stage. For example, during last week's rehearsal I noticed that Lee never stands up when he plays (sorry to pick on you!) So this week I would like everyone to perform rather than just play.

After running through these two songs quickly, if I have time left over, which I am hoping to, then I would like to run through 'Imagine'. I know we don't have Sam for lead vocals but I think that we can still make progress on this song as we haven't touched it for a few weeks. I know that there are a lot of personal targets to be set on this song so we'll just take it as it comes and hope to crack on with as much as we can. The missing vocals shouldn't be too much of an issue, I just want to see how far away we are from being sorted on this song; because if the backing isn't right then the vocals are useless anyway. I apologise in advance for my bass skills being rusty and I know that Erica has been practising her piano part so hopefully we'll all be able to at least see some progress made on this piece.

I know I'm trying to fit a lot into my rehearsal, but hopefully the 60's pieces won't take too long. Come ready to perform this week guys, as I'll be expecting them to be of a good standard after the work we've put into them over the past couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment