Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Sam's Rehearsal Planning

Practise & Learning piece's = Confidence = Stage presence = Connection with audience.
 I have watched the video and reviewed the targets set by Erica from her rehearsal last week. Once again, I believe the main issue is the lack of stage presence by all members of the ensemble. I feel that this is due to lack of confidence either through the filming of the rehearsals or the fact that we do not fully know each of the pieces. So in order to gain a greater stage presence and a connection with the audience (which is required to achieve distinction), I am going to allow each individual member to practise individually then we will bring all the individual parts together when all members feel they are more prepared and then for example put the drums, piano and guitar parts together, then add bass, then add vocals and then add the backing vocals.

Here is where individuals are going to rehearse;
Main garage/band room - Drums; Keep practising the drum fills.
Main garage/band room - Piano; Play through piece's paying serious attention to shout. With practise this song can easily be learned.
Recording studio - Guitar; Use guitar tab, original music or previous recorded videos of our ensemble to work out parts.
Recording studio booth - Bass; Use guitar tab, original music or previous recorded videos of our ensemble to work out parts.
Classroom - Vocals; Main and Backing; Learn words and backing vocal harmonies. Add further backing vocal lines if need be.

In order, the pieces that need the most work;
That's How I Know
Erica made observations that a serious lack of practise was evident, so I am going to give time to practise individually, in this time I want all members to look back through the music and or listen to the video posted HERE. I am also planning to look through the music with the backing vocalists (Sam and Tom), to work out additional backing vocals as Erica and myself feel there is a lack of backing vocals in this song. Another target is that members did not know the order of the song, Holly has the finalised order of the song, so maybe members need to write it down somewhere they will remember it. Another issue and target was brought up about the modulated part of the song, once again I want members to play and learn the modulated part individually. I will add members of the band together until we have the whole ensemble successfully playing through the song. This is the main song that I want to work on during the rehearsal.

Shout
We have never got past the first page of lyrics (before the "now wait a minute" part) So i think we need to concentrate on the first page and get that working and ready as i believe it all then repeated over and over again.
Erica made a targets from last week to develop Tom's backing vocal part and then further support Holly with her new backing vocal line. Another target is that Erica is to learn the new piano part - I know Erica has only just been introduced to the piano part to shout, but with a bit of practise outside of rehearsals, I think Erica will be able to pick up the piano part. Once again, another target is that overall practise is required by all members. Start off with Drums, guitar and bass. Then add keyboard and then further add lead vocals and then add backing vocals until the whole piece is complete.


I am only going to work on two songs during my rehearsal as I feel the two hours could be more productive working on two songs until we feel they are up to a good enough standard.


Practise & Learning piece's = Confidence = Stage presence = Connection with audience.



1 comment:

  1. Can all members bring all the tab, music notation or lyrics for shout and thats how I know. As all members will be practising individually and will require the documents.

    ReplyDelete